How do I care for my copper piece
This is a great question!
Copper is one of the oldest metals turned into jewelry since thousands of years. It is free of iron (it won't rust), antimicrobial (that's why it's also used as water pipes) and to be believed to have great benefits when wearing it on skin.
Now we at Bittermoons do not claim any healing properties but we do connect with the special bond copper has to ancient mythology - Aphrodite. She embodies love, balance, beauty and artistic creativity and that's why we are honoured to build and design our wild gemstones and crystals (literally) around this beautiful metal.
To keep it raw and beautiful, we don't seal our jewelry. That's right, we leave it be which means it oxidizes on it's own and with your 'help' to the patina it is 'meant to be'. While you wear your ring, it will brighten, polish and darken at the same time on different areas of your piece. What an adventure! We at Bittermoons completely love and embrace this process!
Will my skin turn green?
Sometimes wearing copper jewelry will turn your skin green which is scientifically a reaction to your bodies pH level. Simply wash it off as it is completely harmless.
- your copper jewelry will change patina over time and oxidize
- avoid wearing your jewelry with excessive water use
- clean your jewelry regularly with a cotton cloth
- to ring back shine sprinkle table salt on a fresh lemon and rub over the copper, rinse with water or mix a pinch table salt into a bit of vinegar, warm this mixture and clean your copper piece with it, rinse with water
- you can seal your ring with clear nail polish or jewellers wax
Please feel free to send us any more questions you may have to email@example.com or fill out our contact form!